Dr. C. Ramasubramanian (MBBS, DPM, MD, PhD – Psychiatry)
– Director,Consultant Psychiatrist
Dr. C. Ramasubramanian (Dr. CRS) brings to his role as the founding member, director and a consultant psychiatrist of Ahana Hospitals, a history of accomplishment and leadership. He is widely recognized for being the principal psychiatrist of modern psychiatric healthcare in Tamilnadu.
His vision of providing the best-in-class psychiatric rehabilitation care within the reach of millions is the genesis of Ms.Chellamuthu Trust and Research Foundation (The largest psychiatric rehabilitation centre in Southern India).
During his consultation and counselling sessions at rehabilitation centre, he found the need for comprehensive psychiatric healthcare unit, Hence, he along with his son Dr. Vikhram Ramasubramanian laid foundation for integrated psychiatric healthcare centre, “Ahana Hospitals” in Madurai.
Dr. C. Ramasubramanian received MBBS from Madurai Medical College, DPM from Madurai Kamaraj University, MD in psychiatry from Madurai Medical College, and PhD in rehabilitation psychiatry. His core area of work is on rehabilitation psychiatry.
1) 2002 to present – Principal Investigator, Ahana hospitals, Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
2) 2006 to 2008 – HOD, Professor, Institute of Psychiatry, Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
3) 2001 to 2006 – Co-ordinator, District (Madurai, Ramnad, Theni and Virudhunagar) Mental Health Program, Tamilnadu, India
4) 1984 to 1992 – Tutor, Psychiatry, Madurai Medical College, Govt. Rajaji Hospital, Madurai, Tamilnadu, India.
1) Justice V.R. Krishna Iyer Award (2016)
2) Dr.K.S.Sanjivi Lifetime Achievement Award (2013)
3) Best Social Worker Award (2013)
4) Visakha Psychiatric Society Oration Award (2011)
5) District Best Doctor Award (2007)
6) District Best Doctor Award (2003)
7) State Best Doctor Award (1998-99)
Leadership, Associations & Membership:
1) State Nodal Officer, Mental Health Programme, Tamil Nadu.
2) Expert Advisor, Mental Health Programme, National Rural Health Mission, Tamilnadu.
3) Principle Investigator, National Mental Health Survey
4) Member, Welfare Board for the disabled, government of Tamilnadu
5) Member, Academic Council of NIMHANS, Bangalore
6) Member, International Neuropsychiatry Association – Indian Chapter
7) Chairperson, Community psychiatry, Indian Psychiatric Society
8) Secretary, MANASA- District Mentally Disabled welfare Agency, Madurai
9) President, Indian Association for the blind, Madurai
10) Founder, M.S. Chellamuthu Trust & Research Foundation (MSCTRF), Madurai
Dr. Vikhram Ramasubramanian (MD – General Medicine, MD – Psychiatry)
– CEO / Director / Consultant Psychiatrist
Dr. Vikhram Ramasubramanian is the founder and the chief executive officer of Ahana Hospitals. The need for holistic neuropsychiatric healthcare prepared Dr. Vikhram to establish Ahana Hospitals. Throughout his career of more than 15 years, Dr. Vikhram has served in a variety of executive and leadership roles, in healthcare delivery and healthcare information technology space.
In the year of 2009, he founded Ahana Hospitals, an 8 bedded neuropsychiatric hospital with limited resources.
Today Ahana Hospitals has grown to be a multi-location, 120 bedded brain and behavioural medicine facility, notably the largest mental health facility in Tamilnadu.
Trained at IIM Ahmadabad, he spearheads a team of more than 100 professionals working for the vision to provide the optimum care and service within available resources by assuring that people get their best hospitality.
Dr.Vikhram received MD in General Medicine from St. Petersburg and MD in Psychiatry from Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai,Certificate program in Geriatric Psychiatry from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow. He is the national convener of the Indian Psychiatric Society. His clinical research is based on phase III and phase IV study of pharmacological trails.Dr.Vikhram’s core area of work is on child and adolescent behaviour and addiction psychiatry.
Dr. G. Padmini (MBBS, DPM)
– Consultant Psychiatrist
Dr.Padmini joined Ahana Hospitals as Consultant Psychiatrist in 2010. In her career of 23 years, she has worked as a Duty Medical Officer at Maternity Hospital, Sivakasi, Tamilnadu, Also served as a Medical Officer-Rotary Hospital, Assistant Research Officer- AIIMS, and Sub-Investigator & Consultant Psychiatrist-Radianz Healthcare & Research Pvt. Ltd.
Dr.Padmini received MBBS from Tirunelveli Medical College and DPM from Madurai Medical College, Tamilnadu. Her core area of work is community psychiatry and adult psychiatry.
Dr. S. Ganesh Kumar (MBBS,MD,DPM)
– Consultant Psychiatrist
Dr. S. Ganesh Kumar, joined Ahana Hospitals as a consultant psychiatrist, throughout his career of more than 17 years, Dr. Ganesh served as a Co-Investigator in Radianz Healthcare & Research Pvt. Ltd., and Chief Medical Officer & Consultant Psychiatrist at M.S Chellamuthu and Research Foundation.
Dr. Ganesh received MBBS from Tanjore Medical College and DPM from Madurai Medical College. His core area of work is on mood disorders and schizophrenia. He is also a philanthropist, taking part in awareness programs.