Anyone who is or has ever been in school has had to undergo this necessary promotion criteria. With the growing demands of the outside world, it has become important to score well in exams and as a result, most of us face a lot of stress and anxiety. While there are some who are able to focus on studies even though they are worried about the exam, there are also some whose anxiety gets so bad that they are completely unable to focus on studying.
No matter what your level of anxiety is, it is always helpful to know how to keep yourself relaxed and focused during this time so that you can be more productive (and not go crazy!). Here are a few things to keep in mind while preparing for your forthcoming exams.
- Your knowledge and abilities are more important than your marks. Good grades are not the only factor that will determine your success in life. Keep that in mind the next time you get anxious about scoring low marks.
- Don’t leave everything for the last minute. Collect all necessary material and start studying ahead of time so that you have time to cover all the topics. Plan how you are going to cover your syllabus and stick to it!
- Don’t memorize. It is always better to understand a concept that you’re studying than to memorize it. When you understand the subject, it’s going to be in your mind for a longer time.
- Do not compromise on food and sleep. Make sure to eat properly and to get enough sleep during your exams, because your brain needs it. Many health issues arising due to exam stress like headaches, breathing trouble, nausea, diarrhoea, etc. can be reduced or even avoided by this.
- Take breaks. While planning on how you cover your syllabus, make sure you also allot time for breaks in between. This will help break the monotony of looking at your books.
- Surround yourself with people who do not generate anxiety. If you are prone to getting over-anxious during your exams, it might be a good idea to be around people who do not get as anxious as you. The calmness exhibited by those around you will help you in staying calm.